Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy/ Pop-Pop!

Three years ago on July 4th, before we made the move to Chicago, Meg was at Camp Riverview and Jack was driving up to start the BP-Chicago job. That left a very sad Rosemary in Atlanta with a 9 month old baby and an active 6 year old boy. So I called my mama, as any good daughter would need to do! And what does she say to me but that they are having steaks for my daddy's birthday that night. Everyone is coming over--you should come. So I took her up on it! I called Jack (miracle of cell phones) and asked if he would mind my being on the road while he was on the road. I called Riverview to let them know where I was...and I packed and we left! Mama didn't tell Daddy we were coming and it turned out to be the ONLY time we've ever been able to surprise him!



So now it feels like a bit of tradition to be home on Daddy's birthday--July 4th! It works out well with vacation time and I just love being there for it. This year I enticed Jack to come back to Mississippi to pick us up and drive us back to IL with the Northwood golf tournament. He and Lee ended up winning the consolation flight and were given $200 each in Pro Shop dollars! It was 4 days of golf with 2 rounds on Sunday. He and Lee also played on Wednesday when Jack got back in town, so it was something like 6 rounds in 5 days. Too much golf! (but would they say there was such a thing as too much golf?!?!)



We ended with fireworks which Lee and the kids head off to get each year. This time we had Meg with us as she chose not to go to camp for the first time in 5 or 6 years. She had fun shooting the fireworks, too!
















No comments: