Tuesday, December 4, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!











Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! We had a quiet but good day here in Oswego. Jack and Will fried our turkey this year and it was delicious! It was really cold...you can't tell that by the NO COATS my "men" decided to wear outside. We had a hard time heating up the oil and keeping it hot for the whole time. Works the same with a grill, by the way. We can't grill for the life of us in the late fall through early spring. For all of you who live in better climates, you know how pitiful that is!!

I have to admit that I was a bit of a pain in the morning. It's hard for all of us (ahem--me) to be so far away from family! We are not heading south for any of the holidays--too far to drive for such a short time, sooo expensive to fly and, shock of all shocks, I have a job at Tiffany & Co for the season. Of course, all the Piedmonts were together, sans us...and the same for the Rogers side. But I had to put on my mommy hat and realize that THIS is my kids' family and the one they care the most about being with...just as all I wanted was to be with my parents. So we set the Turkey Table (named such by ECP) with the real china, silver and crystal and had our very own real Thanksgiving. They ate so much we really didn't have leftovers!!!!

No comments: