Monday, June 1, 2009

Ellen Claire's First Dance Recital


Ellen Claire had a year full of first experiences. Ballet class was one of them! For the baby of three, I have not been been too anxious to jump into another round of scheduled activities for her. But when I found the park district's program it was just right. And of course she would love it!



Their dance was Tinkerbelle's "Shine" song and it only lasted about 35 seconds. The harder part was keeping 11 3-5 year olds clean, relatively still with tutus fluffed backstage for about an hour. Lots of coloring went on!



Because I was a backstage helper (I've seen my fair share of recitals from the audience!) I did not take flowers for EC back with me. All the families were picking up their dancers and showering them with flowers. Ellen Claire was a bit quiet and a little sad--she asked if she was going to get flowers, too. So you can see how happy she was when Jack, Meg and Will met her outside with her first ever bouquet. I think it appropriate that her first flowers came from her daddy.



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE IT!! By the way you look fabulous Rose!!